Saturday, September 10, 2011

The lights are out at Lynch Hummer

On a recent trip to Chesterfield Valley, I drove out to Lynch where I had bought all my Hummers in the past.  I knew he had gone to selling firearms a while back.  The best buying experiences I ever had were at Lynch Hummer, and it was the only Hummer only dealership in the US.  The service bays and service areas were specifically designed to fit and work on H1s H2s and H3s.  It was like driving around a ghost town with the concrete driving pad and logs on the side being overtaken by weeds.  The flags are no longer flying and there was not a single vehicle in the parking lot, in front, on the sides, or in back.  No more H1s stacked door handle to door handle and H3s overflowing onto the field next door.  To me, it's like a part of automotive history dying and it made me sad to my core.

No comments: