Friday, June 4, 2010

The Hummer H3 Alpha
















I took my H2 into Lynch to have the fluids changed - coolant, transmission, transfer case and the differentials. One of the best parts of going to the dealer is getting a loaner and some other Hummer to drive. The service manager was very upbeat and implied they'd be open at least through September and maybe even longer. All the service bays were full and only the most senior mechanics remain - and they know Hummers, afterall it's all they service and all they've been servicing for years!!! Four years ago, they actually let me take an H1 loaner a mile down the road for sandwiches. This time I've got a nice H3 Alpha loaner. I had never driven an Alpha before, only the I5. I am VERY IMPRESSED with the power and comfort of this Hummer. The power difference can definitely be felt in the seat of your pants. It's a factory Hot Rod Hummer!
There were three other owners dropping Hummers off and we all agreed, this is one of the best vehicles ever made. One man had two Hummers and he told me he was considering buying a 2010 H3 off the lot and letting it sit on blocks in the garage till he needed it - he has the H3 now and his wife is in love with the H2.

No comments: